|There are 26,885 people with the Weller surname on MyHeritage.com|
|Is your surname Weller? Research Weller family|
Start your family tree now
|Where do people with the Weller surname come from:|
|The meaning of the name Weller:|
- Southern English: topographic name for someone who lived by a stream, an agent derivative of Well.
- North German: variant of Welle, cognate with 1.
- German: from an agent derivative of Middle High German wëllen ‘to roll, revolve, or smear’, hence an occupational name for someone who made wattle and daub walls.
- German: from Middle High German wëllen ‘to cause to boil or simmer’, hence a metonymic occupational name for a smelter, cook, or the like.
- German: from Middle High German wëlle ‘roll’, ‘bale’, hence a metonymic occupational name for someone who sold cloth or wool, for example.
|Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, Mar 2003|
|Family sites on MyHeritage with the last name Weller:|
Weller family DNA Project
There is a Weller DNA project which verifies if individuals with this last name (or similar) are related.